Monday Health Check In 29/01/19

On Monday's I will be doing a bit of a health review and summary for the prior week. Why? There is a lot of taboo still surrounding medical issues including mental health, womens problems and other health issues and I hope by sharing some of my experiences this might help normalise some things.
I do not want any sympathy for this, I'm just sharing to help others in the same basket and to dispel some of the ridiculous taboos.

I have: Depression, Anxiety, PCOS & Unspecified Abdominal Pain (they can't diagnose a source)

This week my back has started to improve but I can feel it's still weak. Even simple things can lead it to twang, especially in my shoulders. A busy day, even of walking can cause my shoulder to seize up and my arm to feel bruised and tingly all day.
I can't sit at my computer for too long at a time without a decent break because that's what makes it the worst. It is getting there though.

My sleep has gone to crap this week though. I feel like I'm not getting enough sleep despite sleeping later than I ever have in my entire life. For a normal person I'm probably sleeping plenty but I like a good nights sleep of 7 - 9 hours to feel rested. Sid does fine with half the sleep I get, I really cannot.
Thursday night was by far the worst, I didn't get to sleep until 2:30ish and then I was awake at 3:30, 4:30, 6, 7 & 8. I was a grumpy guts to say the least on Friday. If I miss sleep my depression spikes. There's lots of things which make my depression spike, it's a fragile balance.
I can sleep on a morning but not on a night which is fine when I can sleep in but I have a 4 year old and 2 jobs. Saturday night Roo was at Granni & Grandy's so I took one of my sleeping tablets and still woke up several times during the night. I'm hoping I'll start sleeping soon because I don't want to be a grumpy Mum.

With my depression being up my anxiety has decided to keep it company, they don't like to travel alone. The problem with the anxiety it mean I put off so many things which would probably help my depression. There's been days where even going to the shop has been a huge challenge.
Luckily I have some fantastic friends who have dragged me out when I've needed it. One friend in particular has similar issues so we often take a deep breath and take ourselves to have fun, it's great when you both understand and support each other with things like these.

At the moment I seem to be getting every single illness doing the rounds, I think I've had about 5 colds in the last 2-3 months which is insane. I can only assume I'm run down and not recovering from one thing before the next thing comes along. I do know from blood tests my iron levels are regularly at the very bottom end of the normal range, apparently this can be common in women right after a period but I don't have cycles at all so is more unusual. I also know from a PCOS drug trial I did some time ago that I tend to be vitamin D deficient. In order to try deal with this I've ordered myself a tonne of different vitamins. Before these come I'm going to check a book I was given called the Vitamin Bible just because I know there's a few vitamins which you can overdose on and the last thing I want is any more problems. I did check with my GP too and she recommends multivitamins with iron specifically to improve my general health so I have my fingers crossed.

To top it all off my abdominal pain seems to be having a bit of a yoyo week. Some days it's not too bad and I can get by with minimal pain meds and other days I'm seriously raiding the medicine cupboard. I think it's because I'm moving differently and sleeping worse rather than being worse overall. I hope so too and I hope the vitamins may help that too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My truths about Self Employment

Sober October

Fat to... Fit? Less fat?