Raising a Wild Child

There's no getting around it, Roo is a wild child. She loves being outside, messy and mucky. She loves running, jumping and climbing. I can't even declare her a Tom boy, she's just Roo.

Yesterday we went to visit a friend whose daughter is much less wild and much more calm, Ruby's wildness turns out to be contagious, they were dashing around being loonys.

I was hoping that a busy and wild day yesterday would give me the chance for a quiet day where I could work. Nope she's still wild. The only reason she's calmed down today is a game has resulted in a cut finger. Only her first cut could calm the crazy.

Let me be clear, she's wild but most the time isn't naughty. She's frustrating but it doesn't warrant telling her off most of the time.

I count myself incredibly lucky for our childminder who is just as wild as the kids. Messy play, mud, rain she loves then and Roo gets to let her wild side out.

So now, I'm going to enjoy my quiet cuddle because in 10 minutes she'll be asking to paint or something.

Sometimes we need the wild ones to stay wild.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My truths about Self Employment

Sober October

Fat to... Fit? Less fat?