McDonalds - the holy grail for kids??

It seems recently Roo has discovered McDonalds in a big way and is constantly asking to go to "AckDonalds" or playing pretend where she goes to McDonalds.
It has got me wondering, what is the huge draw with McDonalds?

My first thought was, it must be the toy! Kids are suckers for anything with a "free" toy. As adults we realise it's not free at all but the allure of a toy and the thought it's free so a prize or something more special than just something from a shop. I'm not entirely sure it's just the toy though, Roo never seems bothered about what the toy is going to be. I expected devastation when she discovered it was no longer moji's and was now books, but no she is still totally happy with the book.

Then I thought some more and I think I've got it! It's a restaurant which encourage children and childlike behaviour. No one tells you to make sure to keep your face clean, no one tries to make you use cutlery. The colours are bright and childlike and they have increasingly more games and things. They may have done away with the child area but really they've exchanged this for more of the building without it being a neatly defined kids and adults.

I could still be wrong, my town doesn't have a Burger King or an eat in KFC to compare but it does seem to give more draw than play places which also do food.

It's still a restaurant in her eyes but one that lets, and even encourages her to be a child.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My truths about Self Employment

Sober October

Fat to... Fit? Less fat?